[nfbwatlk] {Disarmed} FW: Learn how to win campaigns in your community

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue May 10 19:06:17 UTC 2011

<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=E9vj8sdROQcaqK%2BIVYe
9HPp7JmDlZZ8x>

Dear Jacob,

Our friends at the Bicycle
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2Brjn7UpDjZ11%2F%2FS
V7WxniPp7JmDlZZ8x> Alliance of Washington are hosting a Winning Campaigns
Training for bicycle and pedestrian advocates. Taught by the
Alliance
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z%2BZVTPDK%2FH8MovL8%
2FARlx%2Fp7JmDlZZ8x> for Biking and Walking, this action-oriented workshop
gives both novice and veteran advocates the tools to create and manage
powerful campaigns to increase biking and walking in their communities.

The proven
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=mPFd%2BQAzYMn7v%2FhBe
uTJJ%2Fp7JmDlZZ8x> curriculum is led by longtime advocates and national
experts with firsthand experience conducting-and winning-bicycle and
pedestrian campaigns. This program is a fun, interactive experience that
will build your organizing skills and help foster collaboration among
activists like you.

What: Winning Campaigns Training
When: Friday, June 3, through Sunday, June 5, 2011
Where: REI Seattle (222
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=O%2BrjWO7cviFwbKICSCz
33O0gH6opYXmS> Yale Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109)
Why: To learn how to win on issues that matter to you!

With the help of Bicycle Alliance staff and expert facilitators, you'll
leave the training with a detailed Campaign Blueprint that outlines your
next steps. You will also have access to Alliance staff for follow-up
support and guidance. Past participants have won Complete Streets campaigns,
Safe Routes to School campaigns, bike safety campaigns, and many more at the
state and local level.

For more information, or to register,
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7eXKMtnX6QZDPzhkZje7Y
fp7JmDlZZ8x> visit the event website.

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

  <http://www.cascade.org/braking_news/img/david_sig.gif>

David Hiller
Advocacy Director
Cascade Bicycle Club

  _____

As a participant in club activities, you will occasionally receive pertinent
messages from us regarding cycling news, advocacy alerts and event updates.
We do not sell or otherwise share any email addresses in our database. Click
<http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=cIozAbVo8GWouA6rMjDv2
vp7JmDlZZ8x> here if you wish to to unsubscribe to all Cascade advocacy
alerts.

 <http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa
  <http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/TrackImage?key=489819957>

  _____