[nfbwatlk] Fwd: Seeking participant for user study

Shiri Azenkot shiri.azenkot at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:51:07 UTC 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanjana Prasain <pras5181 at uw.edu>
Date: Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Subject: Seeking participant for user study
To: Shiri Azenkot <shiri at cs.washington.edu>

Hi everyone,

My name is Sanjana, and I am a computer science student at the University
of Washington researching accessibility. I am looking for blind/ low-vision
participants to test a crowdsourcing app for iPhone, and the study will be
between Nov 15th and Dec 1st 2011. This app gives landmarks
information forbus stops like the presence of shelters, benches etc.
Crowdsourcing is the
act of sourcing tasks to large group of people or community (crowd) through
an open call such that they contribute information for each other to use.
In our case, this will be anyone willing to contribute landmark information
near bus stops for blind transit riders to use.

Study details:
1. Each participant will participate for one session.
2. Each session will be an hour (most probably less).
3. Each session will be held at the University of Washington in Seattle or
nearby bus stop.

Eligibility:
Own and have experience with iPhone.

Compensation:
Participant will receive $20 gift card for each session.

If interested, please contact me at pras5181 at uw.edu

Thanks greatly for your help,
Sanjana

--
Sanjana Prasain | Computer Science | University of Washington, Seattle | (206)
604 2030

--
*Shiri Azenkot
**PhD Student*