[nfbwatlk] FW: Upcoming Evergreen Radio Reading Service "TALK SHOW" topics, October-December 2011

Tue Oct 25 20:55:02 UTC 2011

From: Porter, Gregg [mailto:gregg.porter at sos.wa.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 1:54 PM
Subject: Upcoming Evergreen Radio Reading Service "TALK SHOW" topics, October-December 2011

THE TALK SHOW, heard twice weekly on the Evergreen Radio Reading Service -
LIVE broadcast Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m.; REPEAT broadcast Sundays at 6:00 p.m.
Archived at www.wtbbl.org/errsaudio.aspx<http://www.wtbbl.org/errsaudio.aspx>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Call-in phone numbers ---

Seattle area) 206-615-0414
Statewide) 1-800-542-0866, then option 5
E-mail) talk at sos.wa.gov<mailto:talk at sos.wa.gov>

www.wtbbl.org<http://www.wtbbl.org>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 23 - Election special #2: A conversation with Sandy McConnell, Program Manager for King County Elections, talking about the local ballot issues and how the communities we serve can be sure to get their vote counted (host: Bennett Prows)

October 26 & 30 - Meet endurance athlete, Ironman Triathlon participant, and Microsoft software engineer Patricia Walsh, who is also blind (host: Darryl Thixton)

November 2 & 6 - Baseball games still sound great as radio broadcasts, and Seattle Mariners broadcaster/ESPN Radio sports reporter Shannon Drayer stops by to talk about them (host: Bennett Prows)

November 9 & 13 - Several area agencies have teamed up to get the word out on preparing for winter conditions, as part of the Take Winter By Storm campaign; we'll hear from representatives of Puget Sound Energy and the American Red Cross (host: Chris Coulter)

November 16 & 20 - Our friends from Outdoors For All return to let us know about the activities they have planned for the coming winter season (host: Mary Mohrman)

November 23 & 27 - Our annual celebration of the holiday season in food and drink, with Kitchen Corner host and local food resource Jo Henderson (host: Darryl Thixton)

November 30 & December 4 - Another visit with Dr. Mark Slabaugh from UW Medicine's Eye Institute, here to give us an update on the latest research into eye health (host: Mary Mohrman)

December 7 & 11 - WTBBL's David Junius facilitates a conversation about the classic American novel, "The Human Comedy" by William Saroyan, the next book in the Library's Brown Bag Book Club (host: Darryl Thixton)

GREGG PORTER
Broadcaster
Evergreen Radio Reading Service ---
Washington Talking Book & Braille Library
2021 - 9th Avenue
Seattle, WA  98121-2783
www.WTBBL.org
(206) 615-1335