[nfbwatlk] NFB of Washington 2011 Convention Announcement

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Sep 5 21:17:20 UTC 2011

Greetings!

The 2011 convention of the National Federation of the Blind of Washington
(NFBW) will take place October 21-23, 2011 at the Hilton Hotel in Vancouver,
Washington at 301 West 6th Street, Telephone (360) 993-4500.  Room rates are
the same as those enjoyed last year: $89 per night plus tax for singles and
doubles; $99 per night plus tax for triples and $109 per night plus tax for
quads. Reservations may be made beginning tomorrow afternoon, Tuesday,
September 6 by calling the local number given above, that is, (360) 993-4500
or by calling (800) HILTONS, that is, (800)445-2667. When making
reservations, please be sure to mention that you will be attending the NFB
of Washington convention; otherwise, you might not receive the special
convention rate. The above rates are guaranteed through October 1; after
that date, our contract says that our block of rooms can be released. Hence,
get your reservations in ASAP!

Contrary to recent custom, there will be no dinner and Board of Directors
meeting on Friday evening, October 21. However, the Board of Directors and
Resolutions Committee will meet on Friday afternoon and there will be
activities for blind youth and those young at heart Friday evening. There
will be the usual no-host bar, banquet and auction Saturday evening, October
22.

Cost of convention registration and banquet will be $40 if payment is