[nfbwatlk] FW: [List] Deaf people band from taking flight

Gloria Whipple ladygloria at webband.com
Mon Sep 26 21:40:52 UTC 2011

Jedi,

Congratulations and good luck to you!

Gloria Whipple
Corresponding Secretary
Inland Empire chapter
nfb of WA

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Jedi
Sent: Sunday, September 25, 2011 19:35
To: nfbwatlk at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [nfbwatlk] FW: [List] Deaf people band from taking flight

Yeah, I'm still in Louisiana. I'm finishing my last quarter at Tech;
I'll be graduating in November with my Master's. I've just recently
been awarded an NOMC (National Orientation and Mobility Certification)
and will be taking my braille certification test in November before
graduating. Things here have been a little crazy. We just finished our
internships. Can you imagine teaching O and M in 100 degree weather?
Neither could I until this last summer! Besides school, I'm involved in
our local college radio station. I have my own radio show each week
which, to tell you the truth, consists of monitoring the automatic
music system and occasionally letting people know you're alive via live
mic up. Otherwise, it's really more like hanging out with other DJ's.
But after I'm done here at Tech, I intend to get started with internet
radio as I've enjoyed being an amateur DJ. What else? Not much to
report here. Aside from school and DJ-ing, I've been teaching O and M
wherever needed in the local area. I teach at LCB once in a while and
at a public school twice a week. We have a blindness professionals
conference coming up soon which I'll be taking part in. And really, I
guess that's about it.

Respectfully,
Jedi