[nfbwatlk] Talk Show on Wednesday Night

Fri Sep 30 15:39:47 UTC 2011

Fellow Listers,

We had a very good talk show on Wednesday.  Mike filled us in on the convention coming up, we discussed some of the significant activities on a national NFB level, as we will during the convention, and generally raised awareness about the organized blind.  Among the callers was Julie Warrington, who did a great job.  She talked about her first national convention, and how she is looking forward to the state one.  Julie, I appreciated your calling in.  You'll have to do that more often.  (BTW, I'm on again on Oct. 12, talking about elections.)  Anyway, hope more of you can call in on future talk shows.

That reminds me, I've heard that one of the big budget cuts contemplated as part of potential future cuts to the state library service, is the Radio Reading Service.  I understand that if the governor has to cut big time again, the legislature may be told that the ERRRS will be discontinued.  So, if you value this service, either on-line or by receiver, let your voice be heard on the subject.  I know I love the grocery ads, and can download them from the WTBBL web site now, and take them with me to the store.  Won't have them if the service is cut. And, I think there have been enough cuts to our library service as it is.  We can tell the governor and legislature, that we can't keep cutting services at the library.

Anyway, good talk show, Mike.  Keep on keeping on.

/s/
Bennett