[nfbwatlk] Asking a favor: vote to spread a positive view of blindness.

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 03:15:17 UTC 2012

I hope you are all doing well. Many of you know that I spent some time
In Minneapolis at BLIND, Inc. A fellow student is a talented musician,
and has since made a video for a contest that Minneapolis Metro
Transit is holding. His job was to create a video and a jingle about
Minneapolis Metro Transit. So, he produced the video, and it serves as
a great example of a competent blind person using public
transportation. During the video, he is shown using a cane and
navigating a Minneapolis Metro Transit bus. If he wins, this video
will be widespread, and many people will be able to see this positive
portrayal of blindness. So if you don't mind, if you could take a
second and click the link below, you can vote. His video is the 4th
one and called Go Metro! If you click the link, you will be directed
to a page with 5 check boxes for voting, and you can also watch each
video in the running. I appreciate your assistance in an attempt to
further spread a positive view of blindness. I think that if you close
and reopen your web browser, you can vote again. So if you really want
him to win, you can bookmark the page and return to it every once in a
while to vote again.

http://metrotransit.org/vote

Thank you.

Cindy