[nfbwatlk] FW: NFB stand on Blind Child Area signs?

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 00:50:14 UTC 2012

Wow, I don't know how I survived childhood without one of those
signs.  (Sarcastic look.  I personally would have been so ticked
off if my parents had put one of those up in front of our house!
The neighborhood knew I was blind anyway, so why put a sign out
there?  Good grief!  That's horrible.

That brings up another issue I'd be interested in people's input
about.  After Hurricane Katrina there was an effort by some
people in the first responders or emergency services area to have
people with disabilities self-identify, so they could be more
quickly assisted if a natural or other kind of disaster should
take place.  What say you all?  Good or bad?    Peace,    Debby