[nfbwatlk] Great Picnic on Saturday!

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Jul 30 22:46:36 UTC 2012

The camaraderie and good cheer of the annual Greater Seattle Chapter party was a welcome addition to Jim and my summer.  My thanks to Jim Janney and Mary Helen for bringing the food and much of the liquid refreshments.

One of the best parts of the party for me was getting to know the chapter's newest member, Dori Kay, a bit better.  I didn't tell Dori Kay yet about the confusion that may result from her name as state convention time rolls around.  Dori Kay came away from the party with a white cane and she expressed her heartfelt thanks for the new-found freedom that she already sensed it is going to provide her.  She also will be receiving a brand new white cane from the NFB's free white cane program.

Andrea and Jacob's lively play time with Jim and my sons, Cosmo and Dexter, was a welcome distraction.  Also, I hear that Jacob grills a mean burger.  (I never got around to eating because I was busy chatting.  I did manage to keep hydrated, though.

Mark Adreon came with his usual great sense of humor and talented piano playing.

Noel