[nfbwatlk] eye exams for doctors

Mary Ellen gabias at telus.net
Thu Mar 29 23:47:38 UTC 2012

Debbie,

You're absolutely right!  I wasn't completely clear in my response.  I was
reacting to the suggestion that all doctors, not just radiologists, be
required to pass an eye exam.  If they keep it to those who read X-rays and
other such visual diagnostics, until there's a viable alternative that
doesn't require eyesight, I'm fine with vision exams.  I'm not fine with an
overly broad requirement for all physicians to be able to see.