[nfbwatlk] FW: Vote by Mail

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat May 26 17:01:23 UTC 2012

From: wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org [mailto:wcb-l-bounces at wcbinfo.org] On Behalf
Of Cindy Van Winkle
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2012 10:00 AM
To: wcb-l at wcbinfo.org
Subject: [Wcb-l] Vote by Mail

I've been contacted by a college student doing a journalism project on Vote
by Mail. I was interviewed last night from the perspective of someone whose
county offers other alternatives such as access my ballot via computer. She
would love to talk with others who are blind and who do not have this
option. If you would like to share your perspective, please email me with
your email and phone info and I'll send it along to Sarah.

Now here's the information she sent me on this project.

Here is some information about News21 and my article, in case you are
curious. News21 is a program of the Carnegie-Knight Foundation headquartered
at Arizona State University. The program involves many journalism students
from across the country who are looking at the topic of voting from
different perspectives. Our work will be published this summer on News21's
website. Past News21 stories have also been published by our media partners,
including The Washington Post and MSNBC.com. Specifically, I am researching
the pros and cons of vote-by-mail. I am speaking with many different types
of people to hear directly about their experiences with vote-by-mail and
opinions about it.

Her deadline is June 1, so she needs to speak with a few more people
relatively soon. Thanks to anyone out there willing to help this young lady.

Cindy

360-689-0827

cindy.vw at gmail.com