[nfbwatlk] Save YOUR Bus

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 08:07:55 UTC 2013

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Email your legislators to ask them to support passing local transit
options
to prevent more devastating cuts to bus service.

Think traffic is bad now?  It's going to be far worse when tens of
thousands
of bus riders in the central Puget Sound see their buses cut, forcing them
back into a car to drive to work.
And worse than traffic, what about the thousands of Washingtonians who
will
no longer have an affordable or reliable way to get to work, school, or
everywhere in between?
We can't just stand by and let this happen, not when there's an easy
solution at hand. We need the legislature to act now to pass local transit
options.
Email your legislators to ask them to support passing local transit
options
to prevent more devastating cuts to bus service.
Bus service is in bad shape.  Pierce Transit has cut service by 43% and
plans another 28% cut this year.  Community Transit in Snohomish County
has
eliminated service on Sunday's and has cut service 37% over the past 4
years.  King County Metro bus cuts next year will impact 70% of the
400,000
bus riders in King County unless we pass a bill this year to support more
bus service.
Last week in Olympia, we sent 50 Mayors, City Councilmembers, and CEOs to
lobby the Legislature to pass a local options bill this session to keep
our
buses on the streets in the Puget Sound.   Now we need your help to make
sure the legislature knows how many more Washingtonians are watching and
waiting for them to act too.

Please email your legislator today and tell them to stop more bus cuts by
passing local transit options!

Kate Whiting
Field Director
Transportation Choices

Transportation Choices Coalition
219 1st Ave S., Suite 420, Seattle, WA, 98104,

Do you have a slow PC? Try a Free scan