[nfbwatlk] FW: Updated link for NLS survey

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Mar 14 03:11:32 UTC 2013

From: Scott White [mailto:swhite at nfb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:26 AM
Subject: Updated link for NLS survey

Some subscribers have noticed that the link for the NLS survey that was in
the original email was incorrect. The correct address for the survey is:

www.libraryofcongresssurvey.com

To all NFB-NEWSLINE subscribers,

We have been asked by the National Library Service to distribute a notice
regarding a survey that they are currently conducting for existing and
prospective patrons.

Please read on for details pertaining to the survey and how you can get
involved.

Thank you.

The NFB-NEWSLINE Team

The Library of Congress National Library Service for the Blind and
Physically Handicapped (NLS) is conducting a survey to understand how to
better serve the needs of readers of talking books and braille. Take the
survey now to let your opinions be heard and help us better serve you! You
do not have to be a current NLS reader to take the survey. The survey should
take no longer than 25 minutes. It will be used to improve services to
current readers and to find out what services readers of talking books and
braille are looking for. If you are not currently using NLS, let us know
what services you want and how we can add you to our list of NLS readers. If
you are a current NLS reader, let us know what we are doing well, where we
can improve, and what new services you would like NLS to offer. You can take
the survey in one of two ways - take the survey anytime online at
(www.libraryofcongresssurvey.com)

or call in to schedule a time to take the survey over the phone by calling
866-545-1618. Your answers to the survey questions will be kept
confidential. Your responses will not be linked to you individually. Survey
combine your responses with those of others who are similar to you. Please
take the survey only once.

What is the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically
Handicapped (NLS)?

NLS provides free talking books and braille materials to eligible citizens
through a national network of regional libraries. Reading materials can be
downloaded online or sent through the mail. There are materials for readers
of all ages.

Who should take the survey?

If you are eligible to use NLS services and live in the United States, this
survey is for you! You do not have to be a current NLS reader to take the
survey. We want to hear from you if you are a U.S. citizen, age 18 or older,
and meet one of the following criteria:

•You are legally blind, or

•You cannot see or focus well enough to read regular print, although you
wear eyeglasses or contact lenses, or

•You are unable to hold or handle print books or turn pages, or

•You have a reading disability because of an organic or physical
dysfunction.