[nfbwatlk] State Convention technology information!

Mike Mello mike at mello.com
Wed Oct 16 05:41:42 UTC 2013

Good evening all,

I have a few convention technology related announcements, so please read
this message in its entirety.

1.       The NFB of Washington will be able to except credit cards for
payment of registration and other convention related expenses in person in
Everett I.E. the auction. (Please remember that we will be running an
auction throughout the day on Saturday, so bring auction items to
Convention!)

2.       We still have space for one-on-one training opportunities with Al
Yardley of Access Technology on Friday, the Training will be in one-hour
blocks. Please contact me to schedule your spot as soon as you can, training
will be available between 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. at the hotel. Training
topics will include Jaws, Magic, Zoom text, Office 2010 -2013, windows 7 and
windows 8.

3.       We will be holding an iPhone seminar on Friday from 1:00 P.M. -
3:00 P.M. From 1:00 - 2:00 the focus will be for folks who are beginning to
use the iPhone with Voiceover. From 2:00 - 3:00 our focus will be for
intermediate users who are looking to learn new tips and tricks and want to
share their knowledge with other iPhone users.

I look forward to seeing everyone, The NFBW is on the Move!

-Mike Mello

1st Vice-President, NFB of Washington.