[nfbwatlk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] BlindHow.com Employment Contest: Win an iPad Mini

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Apr 1 17:50:24 UTC 2014

From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Adam Rushforth (by way of David Andrews <dandrews at visi.com>)
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 1:26 AM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] BlindHow.com Employment Contest: Win an iPad
Mini

Interested in winning an iPad mini? Well BlindHow.com is giving a brand new
one away this May and all you have to do is tell us about your job and how
you do it.
Blind people across the country and around the world work in every field
imaginable, including but not limited to medicine, office and clerical work,
education, engineering, meteorology, and law. At www.blindhow.com
<http://www.blindhow.com/>  we want to know how you are doing your job and
what techniques you use to get the job done right. It is our mission to
educate everyone (both blind and sighted) about the capabilities of the
blind by demonstrating how we as blind people are able to succeed in the
workforce.
We believe that it is not blindness that creates a barrier to independence
and employment. Rather, it is the lack of accurate information as well as
the misconceptions and stereotypes that create the greatest obstacles to
meaningful employment for the blind. In order to change these
misconceptions, we are running a campaign to hear from as many blind people
as possible about their work.
As promised, someone will be the lucky winner of a free iPad mini. All you
have to do to be eligible is submit a post on our website telling about your
work and how it's done. You can earn points for completing different
submissions. For every 5 points you earn, you will receive one entry in the
iPad Mini drawing. So if you have 30 points, your name goes into the drawing
6 times, 40 points gets your name in 8 times, and so on.
.       A written description about your job and the alternative techniques
you use will earn you 10 points.
.       A written post along with an audio demonstration of the alternative
techniques you use will earn you 20 points.
.       A written description along with a recorded video demonstration will
earn you 30 points.
.       If you refer someone to blindhow.com and they submit a post about
their job, you will gain an additional 5 points. To earn referral points,
both you and the person you refer must send us an email using the email link
on blindhow.com to tell us who you referred or who referred you.
Our employment contest has been running from October 1, 2013 and will
continue until April 30, 2014. We will draw our iPad Mini winner in May at
our NFB of Utah state convention. So please submit your posts, and refer
more people to increase your chances of winning. Good luck to all who
participate.
The ultimate goal of this project is to use this information to help educate
the public about what we do as blind people, and hopefully we can open more
doors to make it easier for qualified blind people to find employment.

Sincerely,
The BlindHow Team
\
 "Adam Rushforth" <adam at rushforth.org>