[nfbwatlk] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Calling All Social Workers

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Apr 3 18:03:01 UTC 2014

Subject: Calling All Social Workers

                The National Federation of the Blind's Human Services
Division is seeking a collaborative relationship with the National
Association of Social workers in an effort to significantly increase
opportunities for blind social workers. In an effort to assess how many
people will be impacted by our efforts, we would like to get an idea of how
many blind people are either professional social workers at any level or
aspire to become social workers. We are urging anyone in any of these
categories to send a message with your name, location, and email address to

MerryS at verizon.net

When sending us a message, if you would like to share any concerns or
challenges you have faced in your educational, application, recruitment,
employment, or professional development efforts, such information will help
us prioritize our initiatives to better serve our constituents.

                The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is the oldest and
largest organization of the blind in the United States. The Human Services
Division is a special interest group of the NFB whose members are blind
professionals in the human services field or aspiring to work in this field.
The purpose of the Division is to serve as a vehicle for self-expression by
blind human service professionals; to provide a support and information
network of blind human service professionals about techniques and
capabilities of the blind; to advocate for the full integration of blind
professionals into all human services fields; and to function as an integral
part of the National Federation of the Blind. For more information, please
feel free to get in touch with me. My contact information is below my
signature.

With warm regards,

Merry C. Schoch, President

Human Services Division