[nfbwatlk] Seattle chapter meeting + other events

M J mjc59 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 14 02:07:18 UTC 2014

Greetings,

The Greater Seattle NFB chapter has had a busy year so far, and the future promises to be exciting and productive!

During our first few months we have gained new members, planned some great fundraising events and shared some fun times at lunch. Several chapter members plan to attend the NFB national convention this summer.We have been focussing a lot of attention on Proposition 1, the upcoming transit/roads vote on April 22nd in King County. We voted to endorse the MoveKingCountyNow campaign and donated some money to the cause. We want to make sure all eligible voters have the opportunity to cast their ballots. There are currently some challenges to casting a private vote as a blind person. If you live in King County and need voting assistance or have encountered barriers to voting please contact one of the chapter board members. THE DEADLINE FOR BOTING OR POSTMARKING BALLOTS IS TUESDAY, APRIL 22ND.

OUR NEXT CHAPTER MEETING WILL BE NEXT SATURDAY, APRIL 19TH AT 10:00 A.M. AT CITYU, 521 WALL ST.

Lunch after the meeting will be at Sport Restaurant, 140 4th Ave. N., Suite 130. Here is the link to their menu;
http://sportrestaurant.blob.core.windows.net/menu/menu.pdf?635330345063518022
Unfortunately it is in PDF format. Menu prices range from $10-20.

At the meeting we will hear about Tanna’s new job with the Mariners, plan our Mariners fundraiser and discuss the May 17th State seminar (which will take the place of our May meeting.

UPCOMING EVENTS

4/19 - 10:00 a.m.-noon, Chapter meeting, CityU 521 Wall St.
4/22 - Transit/roads vote (King County)
4/24 - 6-8 p.m. - Wine & Cheese fundraiser, The Cheese Cellar, 100 4th Ave. N., Suite 150.
           Cost: $40.
5/17 - 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., NFB of Washington Spring Seminar, CityU, 521 Wall St.
6/21 - 10:00 a.m.-noon, chapter meeting, CityU
7/1-7/6 - NFB national convention, Rosen Centre Hotel, Orlando, Fl.

If you want to attend the wine & cheese fundraiser, please contact me or Cindy Bennett, clb5590 at gmail.com. If you have sold wine/cheese tickets, please bring the money + any unsold tickets to the chapter meeting. Also contact me if you are a GS chapter member and want financial assistance to attend the NFB national convention.

Come and joint our vibrant chapter!

Marci Carpenter
President,
Greater Seattle NFB Chapter