[nfbwatlk] sighted people lost

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Mon Aug 18 16:37:26 UTC 2014

Remember the joke about men never asking directions? For many men it is
truth. Many are the times my neighbors were supposed to get in at x time,
but came hours later. The wife would tell me later she gave up trying to
help her husband with directions. So she got smart and bought him a "man
toy" a GPS. He uses it all the time, smile.

We had a driver here in Mason county, who was part of the volunteer drivers
for Mason Transit. She is a good driver, but when we got close to our
destination, fuzz would suddenly grow in her brain. She would turn wrong
going in and out of parking lots looking for the right one. She just got so
nervous it was like she couldn't read any longer.

One of my friends was nearly a Menza member, so super smart lady. But lost,
boy howdy would we ever get lost. It was like she drove out of town into a
fog. She could follow signs and directions just fine, but thinking through a
problem like road construction would turn her brown hair blond.

Then there was Randy who kept his right finger up, so he would know what
right was if he had to make a right turn.

Get ready folks for the Autism cyndrome folks trying to drive. Now I am
talking high function types.Momma mea, Becky smacks head.

Lots of fully sighted have problems with direction. Many of them stop and
think it through before proceeding, just like our Debby.

Warm hugs,

Becky and Jake

Becky Frankeberger

Butterfly Knitting