[nfbwatlk] drive in custodialism

Don Mitchell donmi at q.com
Thu Dec 11 03:58:56 UTC 2014

This was a new one for me. I live in a house that backs up against a very busy city street. The street is four lanes 2 north and 2 south with a median between them. I have been crossing this street twice a day for over 30 years.

Because this street is busy and there are no lights: I usually cross two lanes and listen at the center median and cross the second two when it is clear.

Imagine my surprise, today, when as I waited on the medium a car stopped. The driver rolled down her window and said to me: “You can go after I leave it is clear.”  I did not like to trust her, but she was right.

Don Mitchell

---