[nfbwatlk] OTC students at WCB conventions

debby phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:58:54 UTC 2014

My concern is not so much whether Julie gets to go to
conventions, or whatever.  I just don't want WCB to have undue
influence without NFBW having influence with those students, too.
Julie probably ought to step down from office, but knowing Julie,
it won't occur to her to do that.  My concern is with OTC, what
it will be like, etc.  And I think that we need to do everything
we can to attract young people to NFB.  I'm not young anymore,
(though people at CCB liked hanging out with me and were
surprised when I told them how old I am).  But I'd like to work
with anyone who might be dealing with young folks.  And I think
we need to do some things at our convention that would be
exciting for them.  Just my thoughts.  Also, we should be looking
at kids at WSSB who are close to graduating and invite them to
the convention.  See if the school or someone could help with
some of their convention costs.  Maybe have a pizza party on
Friday night, unless there's something else already planned.
Peace,    Debby