[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle chapter meeting

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 17 18:41:36 UTC 2014

Hello Everyone,

It’s time for the Greater Seattle chapter meeting. After a busy, fun summer our chapter meets again this Saturday, September 20 from 10:00-noon at City University, 521 Wall St.

If you care about transit service in Seattle you won’t want to miss this meeting. There is an item on the November 4 ballot for Seattle voters which would raise enough money to prevent the drastic Metro bus cuts scheduled for 2015. We will have a presentation from the Yes forSeattle Transit campaign. We will be discussing this important issue for all blind transit riders. Mike Mello will be chairing the meeting as Cindy and I will be at a meeting in Baltimore.

Cleo Brooks, director of the Seattle Public Library’s LEAP program, which provides adaptive technology and services at the library, will be at the meeting to tell us about future plans for the program, including services at branch libraries.

Lunch after the meeting will be at Cyclops restaurant, 2421 1st Ave. (SW corner of 1st & Wall)

Remember to send in your registration form and check for the NFB of Washington convention. Go to
nfbw.org
Our chapter still has some money to help people who need financial assistance in order to attend the convention.

Come and join us this Saturday!

Marci Carpenter
206-604-5507