[nfbwatlk] Metro seeks individuals who use screen reader technology on their cell phones to test Metros new mobile Trip Planner app

Jacob Struiksma lawnmower84 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 24 01:56:35 UTC 2015

Hello,

Metro will be testing the mobile Trip Planner app over the next week or two
with riders who are vision impaired. Please take a look at the invitation to
participate we sent this afternoon (below) and forward to anyone you think
might be interested in helping!

Thanks,

DeAnna

Metro seeks individuals who use screen reader technology on their cell
phones to test Metro's new mobile Trip Planner app

Metro launched a Puget Sound Trip Planner app
<http://metro.kingcounty.gov/trip-planner/mobile-apps/> -available for Apple
<https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=94990918
7&mt=8>  and Android
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.kingcounty.dot.TripPlanne
r&hl=en>  mobile devices-in January. It allows riders to plan a trip that
covers many transportation choices, including buses, rail, ferries,
streetcars, and water taxis. It merges popular features available on
existing trip planners and offers real-time predictions for bus arrivals.

Since launching the app, the developer has worked to improve its
accessibility with screen reader technology. We need your help to test these
improvements!

Testers will need to have a mobile device that fits the minimum requirements
for the iPhone or Android app they plan on testing. Plus they need to have a
high proficiency in the use of screen reader software for their device. To
participate, please contact Damon Berbert at damon.berbert at kingcounty.gov
<mailto:damon.berbert at kingcounty.gov> . In your email, you'll need to
specify what phone you have, as well as the version of the operating system
and the name of the screen reader software you currently use on your phone.

After receiving this information, we'll get back to you about whether you
qualify to participate and the details to help test the app. We expect the
testing process to last no longer than a week. Testers will be given a list
of tasks to complete using the app, then provide feedback on the experience.

Thanks in advance for your help to make sure our technologies work for all
our users!