[nfbwatlk] [nagdu] Concerns arise over Uber's accessibility for persons withdisabilities

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 00:50:16 UTC 2015

So I'm confused, How do taxi companies handle a situation where the
cab driver has a severe dog allergy? Would this driver have to pick up
a dog team and put himself at risk for having an allergic reaction? Or
is dog allergy a disqualifier for becoming a cab driver?
I agree somebody shouldn't be able to claim a dog allergy and get away
with denying a dog, but it seems like if there is clear medical
evidence of a life-threatening allergic reaction to dogs, that should
be an exception to the rule?
Please enlighten me.
Arielle