[nfbwatlk] AmeriCorps Job Announcement: Financial Stability Project Coordinator

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Jul 13 15:45:26 UTC 2015

From: Olson, Toby (ESD) [mailto:TOlson2 at ESD.WA.GOV]
Sent: Wednesday, July 8, 2015 8:15 AM
To: GCDE-INFO at LISTSERV.WA.GOV
Subject: FW: AmeriCorps Job Announcement: Financial Stability Project Coordinator

From: Emerson Sekins [mailto:emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 6:24 PM
To: Olson, Toby (ESD)

Hi Toby,

Can you please send this over your list again?

Cheers,

Emerson

Greetings!

There is still time to apply! The Washington Access Fund was awarded an AmeriCorps Placement for the 2015-2016 year.

Please forward this announcement to any friends, contacts, networks, lists, blogs, etc. that can spread the word. ​We'd really appreciate any help you can give in getting the word out on this.​

We offer a unique opportunity for cutting edge work with a small but dedicated staff. Individual's with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.

Please, don't hesitate to contact our Asset Building Manager, Emerson Sekins, with questions.  206-328-5116<tel:206-328-5116> or emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org<mailto:emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org>

Cheers,

Emerson

Job Announcement:

AmeriCorps:  Financial Stability Project Coordinator

The Washington Access Fund is collaborating with local, state and national partners, (Seattle-King Co. Financial Empowerment Network, Neighborhood House, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and National Disability Institute) to provide financial stability and capability services to people with disabilities. Helping people with disabilities understand their financial situation and giving them the tools to improve it is our goal.

The project will provide financial health assessments; financial education, counseling, and coaching; credit review and credit counseling. Project staff will broaden the Access Fund’s capacity for credit-related services and will facilitate marketing and cross agency communication and referrals. We will be offering useful financial products such as credit builder loans and matched savings accounts as well as offering clients additional training or counseling on credit score enhancement beyond that typically offered in financial education courses. For match savings participants who indicate that they want to improve their credit scores we will offer a loan after they have been saving for at least one year and are on target to meet their savings goal. This will allow them to purchase their assistive technology more quickly and allow us to report a positive payment history to credit bureaus as they pay back the loan. Staff will be trained in credit score enhancement to help us better serve our borrowers as well.

We offer a unique opportunity for cutting edge work with a small but dedicated staff.

About the Washington Access Fund:  The Washington Access Fund is a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (“CDFI”) established by and for individuals with disabilities.  Our mission is to help people with disabilities in Washington State achieve financial capability and stability by improving economic opportunities, leveraging community resources, promoting access to technology and bridging funding gaps through low-interest loans, matched savings and other means.

Website:  http://www.washingtonaccessfund.org<http://www.washingtonaccessfund.org/>

Position Responsibilities:
•  Perform essential outreach activities to inform people with disabilities about opportunities for increasing financial capabilities.
•  Facilitate collaboration between partners in delivery of financial capability services to people with disabilities.
•  Perform financial health assessments and client intake and referral functions.
•  Inform existing clients of opportunities for training and services to improve financial capability.
•  Consult with clients as they progress in matched savings program and carry out their financial service plans.
•  Help clients in assistive technology training and purchase of assistive technology.
•  Develop and conduct client surveys to monitor progress.
•  Perform Data entry and survey analysis.
Qualifications:
•  Age requirement: 18-25
•  Four-year college degree or three or more years relevant experience.
•  Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
•  First-rate written communication skills.
•  Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
•  Well-developed interpersonal and collaborative skills.
•  Ability to work with a diverse constituent population.
•  Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks efficiently.
•  Ability to travel to partner organizations.
•  Experience with assistive technology desirable.
•  Experience with financial education or coaching desirable.
•  Ability to travel to partner organizations.
•  Individuals with disabilities strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits: AmeriCorps stipend of $1,195 per month; Health coverage; Childcare (if eligible); $5,730 Education Award; Student loan forbearance and interest accrual payment on qualifying student loans; Training.

Job Type:  Full-time, temporary AmeriCorps Position with potential for permanent position.

Term of Service Date: September 16, 2015 through July 31 2016
Procedure: Fill out AmeriCorps Application online--https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=61917&fromSearch=true

Application Deadline:  July 10, 2015.
Questions:   Please don’t hesitate to contact our Asset Building Manager, Emerson Sekins, with questions.  206-328-5116<tel:206-328-5116> or emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org<mailto:emerson at washingtonaccessfund.org>
--
Emerson Sekins
Asset Building Manager

No virus found in this message.