[nfbwatlk] Greater Seattle Chapter party Saturday, July 25, 3:00

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Jul 16 23:00:11 UTC 2015

The Greater Seattle Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind will be enjoying the summer  at Jim and my house on Saturday, July 25, starting at 3:00 p.m.  We will be grilling burgers (meat and vegetarian) and hotdogs  and providing nonalcoholic drinks.  We ask that party goers bring side dishes such as salads and desserts.  We will provide an opportunity to rent a cup for $5.00 that can hold whatever party goers like (including the beer that will be flowing from a keg).

Our address in the Mt. Baker neighborhood of southeast Seattle is 3800 South Ferris Place, Seattle, 98144.

Our house is at the corner of South Ferris Place and Mt. Rainier Drive.  Our house is on the Route 14 bus  line, which runs south bound along Third Avenue in downtown Seattle.  (Going north, the Route 14 turns into a Route 1 and goes along the west side of the Seattle Center and up to Queen Anne Hill.)  Catch the Route 14 bus headed South and take it to the end of the line in Mt. Baker.  The bus will go through the Mt. baker transit center and then head up the hill to where my house is.  Before the last stop, there is a noticeable turn the bus takes.  The stop is right after the turn and is at Hunter Boulevard and South Hanford  Streets.  Exit from the bus, turn left, walk to the corner.  Now you are at South Ferris Place.  Cross South Ferris Place, turn right, and the first set of stairs on the left is my house.  If you have trouble, our phone number is (206) 723-1366.

Please be mindful that the Seafair twilight parade is happening that Saturday as well, so you will have lots of company as you travel through downtown Seattle.

Please come to the party and invite others as well!

Noel