[nfbwatlk] Transit Guide-Bots for Blind Passengers?, Route Fifty presented by Government Executive, May 17 2015

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 04:52:09 UTC 2015

Well, having been a sci-fi fan for years, thanks to my buddy
David Hyde, I think it's a fascinating thought.  Sure, I can plan
routes and all that stuff, and I know how to ask good questions
and all, and I'm glad I know how to do all that.  But I'm totally
into the idea of a robot.  In fact, I think it would be great to
have a personal robot.  I once wrote a book review for the
Talking Book and Braille Library in Oregon while working there.
It was a review of one of Isaac Asimov's books.  I ended my
review by saying something like, "Maybe one day we can all have
personal robots.  Mine will be male, and his name will be Tony."
Wow, lo and behold, it could maybe happen.  Lol.    Debby