[nfbwatlk] April 14th WSBLN event: Beyond 503 - What's Next?

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Mon Mar 23 20:41:26 UTC 2015

From: Washington State Business Leadership Network [mailto:wsblnetwork at wsbln.ccsend.com] On Behalf Of Washington State Business Leadership Network
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2015 12:41 PM
To: Nightingale, Noel
Subject: April 14th WSBLN event: Beyond 503 - What's Next?

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D0656F.0F446460]

WSBLN Presents:

Beyond 503 - What's Next?

* Keynote by Award Winning Consultant Steve Hanamura
* Panel and Networking with STEM Job Seekers with Disabilities

The Washington State Business Leadership Network, in collaboration with the University of Washington's AccessSTEM Careers project (funded by the Mitsubishi Electric America Foundation) invite you join us on April 14th for an educational and inspirational afternoon.

When:
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
12:00-2:00pm: Lunch and Learn

2:00-3:30pm: Elevator Speech Contest

12:00 PM - 2:00 PM:  WSBLN Lunch and Learn Event sponsored by Alaska Airlines

Keynote Speaker Steve Hanamura presents "Beyond 503 - What's Next?":

In this session, we will increase our understanding of how the disability conversation has evolved as a viable part of the diversity and inclusion conversation.  In addition, we will examine the unasked questions we may have about working with people with disabilities, including "how open and willing are we to consider them for advancement?"

UW AccessSTEM Student Panel:

Panelists from the UW's AccessSTEM Careers program (www.uw.edu/doit/programs/accessstem-careers) will discuss their college experiences and career plans.  AccessSTEM Careers helps students and recent college graduates with disabilities succeed in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.

2:00 PM - 3:30 PM: UW's Annual "Elevator Speech Contest"

Employers and recruiters are encouraged to stay for UW's annual "Elevator Pitch Contest" for Seattle-area college students and job seekers with disabilities. Participants are pursuing careers in science, technology, engineering, and math. Help them refine their elevator pitch, offer feedback on resumes, and scout out the talent on behalf of your organization! This highly-rated event promises to be a lot of fun.

Event Location:  UW, Kane Hall, Walker-Ames Room. 4069 Spokane Ln, Seattle, WA 98105

Event Parking:  Accessible parking is available at Central Plaza Garage which is connected to the venue by an elevator.  The rate is $15 on entry to the garage.

Cost: $50 and limited to 100 attendees

RSVP and accommodations request deadline: RSVP by April 8th at 5 PM

  Please visit our website to register for this event:
http://wsbln.org/events-news/

Forward this email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=5gkwpoeab&m=1104292817118&ea=noel.nightingale%40ed.gov&a=1120469965831>

[cid:~WRD000.jpg]<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001nNxPqJ0OXvd7sc1cMb8c2A%3D%3D&ch=84c73e70-5be7-11e3-b879-d4ae5292c4dd&ca=c76f700b-7243-4b7c-a3a3-5972b65bd2be>
This email was sent to noel.nightingale at ed.gov by wsblnetwork at gmail.com<mailto:wsblnetwork at gmail.com> |
Update Profile/Email Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001nNxPqJ0OXvd7sc1cMb8c2A%3D%3D&ch=84c73e70-5be7-11e3-b879-d4ae5292c4dd&ca=c76f700b-7243-4b7c-a3a3-5972b65bd2be> | Rapid removal with SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001nNxPqJ0OXvd7sc1cMb8c2A%3D%3D&ch=84c73e70-5be7-11e3-b879-d4ae5292c4dd&ca=c76f700b-7243-4b7c-a3a3-5972b65bd2be>™ | Privacy Policy<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.

[cid:~WRD000.jpg]<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_BusLet_003>

Washington State Business Leadership Network | 6912 220th Street SW #105 | Mountlake Terrace | WA | 98043