[nfbwatlk] NFB Seattle Community service update and reminder

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:35:49 UTC 2015

Hi all!
I just wanted to let everyone know that I talked with Mary's Place
Seattle and confirmed our visit with them. They said they are happy to
accept our donation of clothing, medicines and supplies after the May
16 meeting of the NFB Greater Seattle chapter. We will be collecting
donations at the meeting, walking over to their shelter at 314 Bell
St. and we will be able to meet some of the families staying there
when we drop off the goods!
A reminder to pleas bring new or gently used summer clothing items,
children's toys, and/or unopened OTC medicines, first-aid supplies,
and travel sized toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, etc.) Keya said she
can bring a grocery cart we can use to transport the items. All
donated items will be given directly to the homeless and refugee
families who stay there.
A reminder also that this project is part of the NFB's 75 days of
service. For more info about the 75 days of service, you can join the
NFB community service division listserv on NFBNet.
Best, Arielle