[nfbwatlk] Oregon's sheltered workshops for the disabled to bephased out under terms of settlement, The Oregonian, September 8 2015

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:41:13 UTC 2015

This is a very interesting article.  I know several people in
Oregon who are blind with other disabilities.  I hope that they
will be impacted in a positive way with all of this.  One man who
was a neighbor of ours when I was a kid, cried out for help.  He
hated where he was working, hated living in southern Oregon
(where his sister lived).  Wanted the freedom to work in
Portland.  How sad that he couldn't go where he wanted to go.
It's a terrible feeling to be trapped, poor and unable to be
where you want to be.    Debby