[nfbwatlk] NFB Seattle Chapter April 16 Meeting

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 01:55:22 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Join us this Saturday for the April meeting of the NFB Greater Seattle
chapter from 10:00 a.m. to noon at City University, 521 Wall St.
This month we will be making financial plans to help our members get
to the national convention this summer. As we prepare for the 2016 NFB
national convention, I thought it would be fun to share our tradition
of singing NFB songs. Over the past 45 years, various NFB groups have
created songs, beginning with the one we know as "glory glory
Federation", to celebrate our history and our pride as an
organization. Last year, a bunch of new NFB songs were created and
performed during the NFB's 75th anniversary celebration. We will be
sharing some of these old and new songs this Saturday. Singing along
is optional, but encouraged. If you want to preview some classic NFB
songs, check them out at
www.nfb.org/nfb-songs
Cindy Bennett is coordinating lunch after the meeting.
Best,
Arielle Silverman
President, NFB Greater Seattle Chapter