[nfbwatlk] FW: Art Beyond Sight Tour for Mood Indigo at Asian Art Museum

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Thu Apr 14 20:12:47 UTC 2016

From: Lynda Swenson [mailto:LyndaS at SeattleArtMuseum.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:21 PM
To: Lynda Swenson
Subject: Art Beyond Sight Tour for Mood Indigo at Asian Art Museum

The next ART BEYOND SIGHT tour of the Seattle Art Museum for visitors with low or no vision is on Wednesday, April 27 at 11:00am at the Asian Art Museum located at 1400 East Prospect Street, Seattle 98112.  We will gather near the main entrance of the museum, near the admissions desk and store. The tour will last approximately 1.5 hours. The April 27th tour will include visual descriptions of objects on exhibition in the Mood Indigo: Textiles From Around the World.<http://indigo.site.seattleartmuseum.org/>

ART BEYOND SIGHT tours are open to anyone who might benefit from a visual description based tour. ART BEYOND SIGHT tours are free of charge, but advance registration is required. Spots are limited, so reservations operate on a first come, first served basis.  To register for a tour, email Access at seattleartmuseum.org<mailto:Access at seattleartmuseum.org> or call Lynda Swenson at (206) 654-3123. Attendees are welcome to bring a companion on the ART BEYOND SIGHT tour. Please let us know when you register if you will be bringing a companion.

Additional ART BEYOND SIGHT tours this year are scheduled on:

WED, May 25: Olympic Sculpture Park, 11am - 12:15pm.

SAT, June 18: SAM, Graphic Masters, 11am - 12:15pm.

We take a break from the regularly scheduled tours in the summer and will resume with monthly tours in the fall.

I would like to extend a warm invitation to you to attend an upcoming ART BEYOND SIGHT tour -and please share this information with other individuals that you think would be interested. Feel free to contact me with any questions.  We look forward to touring with you!

LYNDA HARWOOD SWENSON
Schools & Educator Programs Associate
Seattle Art Museum
p: 206.654.3123 / f: 206.654.3135
seattleartmuseum.org<http://seattleartmuseum.org/>

KEHINDE WILEY: A NEW REPUBLIC / Seattle Art Museum / Feb 11 - May 8
MOOD INDIGO: TEXTILES FROM AROUND THE WORLD / Asian Art Museum / Apr 9 - Oct 9
JOURNEY TO DUNHUANG / Asian Art Museum / Mar 5 - Jun 12
Get tickets at visitsam.org/tickets<http://visitsam.org/tickets>