[nfbwatlk] Opportunity to participate in accessibility research at the University of Washington

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:59:06 UTC 2016

I am passing this on for another researcher. Please contact the
researcher directly if you are interested in or have questions about
the study.

Cindy

Dear National Federation of the Blind of Washington members,

We are a group of graduate students of the University of Washington
currently working on a HCI project for a class. Our task is to improve
the accessibility guidelines for mobile application development. We
are seeking participants for one of our user studies that will help us
develop these guidelines. The study will only consist of one session.
Please see below for details about the study.

Objective: study and develop guidelines for what features that make
mobile applications accessible.

Participation criteria: must be at least 18 years old, functionally
blind or low vision, and regularly use smartphones. All tasks should
be low excursion.

What to bring: Please bring your smartphone. You will be asked to show
the researchers how you interact with a selection of apps on your
phone, but may decline to do so while still being eligible to
participate. We will not ask you to disclose any private content on
your phone.

Location: University of Washington, Seattle campus, however if you are
unable to get to campus, we are open to find a more convenient
location.

Time: Please contact Catherine (catfeng at uw.edu) to set up an
appropriate time. Times are flexible.

Duration: approximately 1 hour.

Please contact Catherine (catfeng at uw.edu) to schedule a time if you
are interested in participating, and/or have questions about the user
studies.

Best,

Mobile Accessibility App Group, University of Washington

Contact Info:

Catherine Feng

University of Washington, Seattle
M.S. Electrical Engineering, ‘17
(206) 388-7086
catfeng at uw.edu

--
Cindy Bennett
2nd Year Ph.D. Student, University of Washington

Treasurer of the National Federation of the Blind of Washington
an Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind

clb5590 at gmail.com