[nfbwatlk] nice article

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Thu Feb 4 17:42:07 UTC 2016

>From the Heart, Not From "Normal Working" Eyes or Ears  - Becky Frankeberger
and her Business, Butterfly Knitting

Yes, Becky Frankeberger is classified as a "deaf/blind" person.  Due to
Osteogenesis Imperfecta (brittle bone disease) over the years, her hearing
deteriorated. Also born with eye "issues," she was blind (with some residual
vision) as an infant and today, is almost totally blind.  Becky lives in the
Pacific NW with her guide dog Jake, her husband Kevin, also blind and his
guide dog Tomasso.

As Becky says, "I have enjoyed knitting since my mom and aunt were finally
convinced that an Ten year old, blind girl could see through yes, my hands
but now I say first, through my heart."

"It is fun for me to email with or better, chat on the phone with potential
clients. That is where we make the connection per the end product wanted and
also, the colors and 'feel' desired," she says.  Becky's "end product"
includes, ponchos, shawls, afghans of all sizes (baby blankets mainly),
eternity scarves, twist cowls, hat scarf combos, lacy scarves to pretty up
an outfit etc.

When asked about how Becky chooses the yarn and color/texture she comments
about her husband.

"Kevin and I married in 2004. He still has some residual sight with color so
together we order the client's yarn needs for me to get to work with.  He is
also the 'administrator' for me so he deals with pre-payments, final
billings and so on.

If you are interested in contacting Becky per custom made products, her
contact information is below.

 <mailto:b.butterfly at comcast.net> b.butterfly at comcast.net

http://www.butterflyKnitting.com/