[nfbwatlk] Tremendous Picnic/party in Seattle

Mon Jul 25 14:06:19 UTC 2016

Hi Listers,

Well, Noel Nightingale, Jim Peterson and the rest of the family did it again. The NFB of Seattle picnic on Saturday was outstanding. The food was good, the beverages plentiful (and good too), and the fellowship and friend-making time was quality. Oh, and the weather was perfect. I'll leave it to the hosts and organizers to provide the statistics, but there were a lot of people comfortably standing or sitting around the spacious yard, and talking with old friends, and meeting new ones while partaking of the amazing amount of food available. The Snoking Chapter was well represented too, as I had a great time talking with Julie and her daughter Christina, as well as Tasha Budnick and others. (Sorry for misspelling of names.) I also met  and took dues from new members Carrie and husband Wayne Lampell. There were students from the OTC there, along with several employees of the Seattle Lighthouse. I was extremely glad to catch  up with many people I haven't seen much since I am not traveling to Seattle chapter meetings much these days.

Thanks again to all who cooked, set  up,  brought food, talked to me (smile), which means thanks to all who participated in this summer's post-convention Seattle event. And, I especially thank Noel and Jim for sharing their great location, and all the work too. It was another example of how they and we are living the lives we want, and why the NF B is a fantastic organization.

/s/

Bennett Prows