[nfbwatlk] SAM-Art Beyond Sight-March 26th @11:00AM - Seattle Art Museum

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Tue Mar 15 17:00:57 UTC 2016

From: Lynda Swenson [mailto:LyndaS at SeattleArtMuseum.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:59 AM
To: Jenny Woods
Subject: SAM-Art Beyond Sight-March 26th @11:00AM

The next ART BEYOND SIGHT tour of the Seattle Art Museum for visitors with low or no vision is on Saturday, March 26th at 11:00am at the Seattle Art Museum located at 1300 First Ave., Seattle 98101. We will gather in the Forum area of the museum, near the admissions desk. The tour will last approximately 1.5 hours. The March 246th tour will include visual descriptions of objects on exhibition in the Kehinde Wiley: A New Republic.

ART BEYOND SIGHT tours are open to anyone who might benefit from a visual description based tour. ART BEYOND SIGHT tours are free of charge, but advance registration is required. Spots are limited, so reservations operate on a first come, first served basis.  To register for a tour, email Access at seattleartmuseum.org<mailto:Access at seattleartmuseum.org> or call Lynda Swenson at (206) 654-3123. Attendees are welcome to bring a companion on the ART BEYOND SIGHT tour. Please let us know when you register if you will be bringing a companion.

Additional ART BEYOND SIGHT tours this year are scheduled on:

WED, April 27: Asian Art Museum, Touch tour, Undercover, 11am - 12:15pm.
WED, May 25: Olympic Sculpture Park, 11am - 12:15pm.

SAT, June 18: SAM, Graphic Masters, 11am - 12:15pm.

We take a break from the regularly scheduled tours in the summer and will resume with monthly tours in the fall.

I would like to extend a warm invitation to you to attend an upcoming ART BEYOND SIGHT tour -and please share this information with other individuals that you think would be interested. Feel free to contact me with any questions.  We look forward to touring with you!

Thank you!

LYNDA HARWOOD SWENSON
Schools & Educator Programs Associate
Seattle Art Museum
p: 206.654.3123 / f: 206.654.3135
seattleartmuseum.org<http://seattleartmuseum.org/>

KEHINDE WILEY: A NEW REPUBLIC / Seattle Art Museum / Feb 11 - May 8, 2016
JOURNEY TO DUNHUANG / Asian Art Museum / Mar 5 - Jun 12, 2016
Get tickets at visitsam.org/tickets<http://visitsam.org/tickets>