[NFBWATLK] Frustrated

Lauren Merryfield lauren at catlines.com
Fri Apr 28 21:55:23 UTC 2017

Hi,
I can empathize with you very directly. I have spent years trying to do
something from home using my computer. I have sometimes convinced myself
that I was just not techy enough to do their work, however, the real truth
is that most of the software out there is inaccessible and they're not very
interested in changing it. I've been excited about starting something new so
many times, only to find out that the system is not accessible. Buttons are
not labeled, sometimes Jaws will not say a thing so I have no clue what is
going on, some info moves on the screen so that even when I read a line
once, it disappears, check boxes don't check and uncheck, combo boxes don't
work, links won't activate by using keyboard commands, some of the info is
somewhere else on the screen where I can't find it at all, and so on.

One of the most frustrating things for me is that some websites and programs
will be really pretty good and then there is this one thing that doesn't
work right, that makes it impossible for me to work wth. That is almost more
frustrating than something being a total mess. eBay and Amazon are cases in
point. They keep changing things, too, so it is difficult for us to keep up
with them and for things to stay accessible. I've wanted to have an Amazon
store, or sell on eBay and so far, have been unable to do so.

I sure can feel your frustration and, yes, we do still have a long ways to
go out there, even if some blind people don't admit it.
Thanks,
Lauren

Blessings in Jesus' name. "But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each
morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my
refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress."
   --Psalm 59:16, NLT
Advice from my cats:"meow when you feel like it."