[NFBWATLK] "Fine Company" on national radio!

Les Fitzpatrick lfitz50 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:25:22 UTC 2017

Jim, that sounded really good.

Les Fitzpatrick

Piano Technician
Ham Call Sign: K5FPT

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBWATLK [mailto:nfbwatlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jim
Portillo via NFBWATLK
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 9:30 PM
To: Jim Portillo
Cc: Jim Portillo
Subject: [NFBWATLK] "Fine Company" on national radio!

Hi everyone,

I hope this finds all of you well and getting ready for Christmas and New
Year's.  I've got some cool news.  A few already know, but I thought I
should tell more folks.

For some of you who didn't get a notice from me last week, I wrote saying
that my trio, Fine Company, would be appearing in a future episode of a
nationally syndicated radio show called River City Folk. Yesterday was its
debut and will be airing on several stations, around the country, for the
next several days. Once again, here's a brief description of what folks will
hear when listening to River City Folk.

River City Folk is an engaging mix of live performance, interview, and
recordings. Hosted by veteran singer-songwriter Tom May, each program
features an artist or group from across North America who performs live in
the studio. Through Tom's interviews with the artists, and recordings that
have influenced them, the listener is entertained by a unique perspective on
the living tradition that is folk music.  River City Folk is "Music that
makes a difference".

We've heard the show and are pleased with the outcome. Now we'd like for all
of you to hear it as well. It's been posted (two separate files) to our
SoundCloud account so that it can be downloaded and heard by anybody. We
hope you enjoy listening to it as much as we enjoyed recording it. You'll
hear us do several songs live, including a new one, and another of our
favorites, which we actually do with Tom. Hopefully, more people from here
and around the country will be introduced to the music of Fine Company.

The link follows. Give us your thoughts! Thanks again for your continued
encouragement and support.

https://soundcloud.com/finecompanymusic/sets/river-city-folk-interview