[NFBWATLK] Article: Microsoft's new, free iPhone app helps the blind see , Seattle Times, July 12, 2017

Mary ellen gabias at telus.net
Thu Jul 20 20:25:38 UTC 2017

Has anybody tried this?  I downloaded it and tried to get it to read text
with very limited results.  I could not get it to recognize short text on
the fly, but it did read part of a page of text.  I compared it with KNFB
Reader using a portable stand for both apps.  The KNFB Reader vastly
outperformed Seeing AI.  However, one attempt does not a sufficient trial
make, so I'll play with it some more.  I'd appreciate tips from someone
who's had more success.