[NFBWATLK] Don Mitchell retiring

Becky Frankeberger b.butterfly at comcast.net
Fri May 5 17:31:16 UTC 2017

Don, thank you for all the help you have given to the blind in order we can
be employed. Thank you so very much for your years and years of love and
patience towards your many students.

I have a dear friend who plays the piano and someone in NFB told her she has
a stereotypical blind job. That part is all she heard and was totally
insulted and won't touch NFB with a twenty foot long white cane. What they
continued to say is you can set your sights higher if you want. What she
wanted to play at the piano bar where she just got a part time job. So she
took it her job was useless. For her it was freedom and independence. Just
like all the jobs you help the blind receive. It is nice to earn money at a
place where you are appreciated for your talent of tuning or playing music
in my friend's case.

Hey I knit as a part time job where I earn money. Pick all you want as I am
sure I have a blind job. My creativity puts me right up there with people
who know the business. I except me and my work. I am proud to be a creative
business owner.

Paws up from my guide dog for a job very well done!

Warmly,
Becky and Jake

Butterfly Knitting

www.butterflyKnitting.com