[NFBWATLK] Upcoming Chapter-At-Large meeting.

Kristina Colcock tishgifts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 20:29:18 UTC 2018

Hello All,

So just to give a little more information regarding the upcoming
Members At Large confreence call that is happening THIS Thrusday
evening at 8pm.

The number to call on Thursday evening, October 11th is 605 468 8004
To access the chat room please enter 849246

We will open the chat room at 7:45pm. This allows people to come in
and chat a little before we get to the business of the meeting.

At 8pm We will start with introductions of all who are attending at
that time. Then we usually read the minutes from the last meeting.
After that Marci updates us on what is happening across the state of
WA. Then we get into the meat of the meeting.

This month we will be discussing health care. However, the sugject is
how we can advocate for ourselves when in a medical setting. So often
when trying to find a new doctor, not only do you have the usual
issues, but we have an additional issue of how that doctor perceives
blindness. Or maybe you have spent some time in the hospital. How can
we best advocate for ourselves and teach a little at the same time.
Also, where is the line drawn between how we want to be treated and
how all blind persons should be treated? Please bring your stories
good and bad.

We will also talk a little about the upcoming state convention. We are
looking to get together for a meal as a chapter during the convention.
I am really looking forward to this! We will announce our gathering so
that anyone who might be interested in finding out about the chapter
can join us. Also, remember that we will be selling 50/50 raffle
tickets at the state convention. Tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5.

Our meetings usually wrap up around 9pm.

Looking forward to Thurday's chat!

Kris Colcock
President - NFBW Members at large Chapter
206-854-3025