[NFBWATLK] Kaiser Permanente Web Site

Maurice Mines maurice at mauricemines.com
Mon Jan 7 20:24:04 UTC 2019

Yes been, even though I’m no longer in Washington state I am a Kaiser
member. Their website is quite difficult to navigate with any screen
reader. The only solution that seems to work halfway decently is to have
clinic staff help you. Or have the administrators of the site winning
technical support people help you with this. I wish I had some better
answers on the subject, but there aren’t good ones readily available.
It’s good that they are working on electronic patient information. But
it’s not so good when it’s just barely accessible. At some point the
states in which Kaiser operates in meeting the state affiliates or the
national office whatever comes first might want to have a discussion
with these folks about accessibility on the web. Any thoughts?

Sincerely Maurice Mines.
VP national Federation of the blind of California Bakersfield chapter.
Amateur callsign, kd0iko.