[NFBWATlk] Important information for tomorrow’s Greater Seattle Chapter field trip

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 17 04:23:19 UTC 2023

A few notes about the Chapter field trip to West Seattle:

The weather forecast is for cool, cloudy weather with a slight chance of showers and temperature in the morning around 55°. Due to the breezes it can feel cooler near the water so dress accordingly.

The walk from the water taxi dock in West Seattle over to Cactus is a beautiful 2.3 mile walk. There are sidewalks all the way around with the street on one side and the water on the other.

For those who don’t want to do the 2.3 mile walk Metro transit operates a shuttle bus directly over to the area where the restaurants are located.  It’s about a 10 minute ride. The shuttle leaves a few minutes after the water taxi arrives and it only runs once an hour so if you want to travel that way you should exit the water taxi and get out to the sidewalk on Harbor Avenue without delay. Unfortunately, due to some back problems I’m having, I won’t be able to do the walk but Kristin Geary will be leading those who do. I’ll be meeting all of you as you leave the water taxi dock and riding the shuttle over to the area where the restaurants are located. We will go to a Starbucks near Cactus Restaurant and wait for those who are walking.

Marci