[Nfbwv-talk] Announcement: The NAGDU Board Wants Your Input!

National Federation of the Blind blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Nov 25 04:28:15 UTC 2008

We have been asked to circulate the following:

David Andrews

Please circulate the following message as widely as possible.

November 24, 2008

            The Board of Directors of the National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a strong and proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, is soliciting input from its members and potential members. We are considering changes to our membership dues and amendments to our national and affiliate division constitutions. In the true spirit of Federation democracy and collective action, the NAGDU Board is asking you to provide your input and suggestions. We especially want to hear from those of you who are members of state affiliate Divisions, as this will have the greatest impact on you!

            The next meeting of the NAGDU Board will be held via teleconference on Sunday, November 30 at 8:00 pm Eastern (7:00 pm Central, 6:00 pm Mountain, 5:00 pm pacific). The call-in instructions are pasted below my signature. Since we consider any guide dog user, future guide dog user, or anyone who has an interest in guide dog related issues a potential member, anyone who fits one of these categories is welcome to participate.

            The National Association of Guide Dog Users is also planning some dynamic, interesting teleconference discussions and training workshops in 2009. Details of these events will be posted to the NAGDU mailing list, so you may want to subscribe to this special interest list sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind. To subscribe, go to

<http://www.nfbnet.org/>http://www.nfbnet.org

click on “Join or drop NFB mailing lists, find the link to the National Association of Guide Dog Users, and complete the subscription information. Again, you need not be a member of the National Federation of the Blind or the National Association of Guide Dog Users to be a part of our group lists.

            If you would like more information about the National Association of Guide Dog Users or the national Federation of the Blind, you may visit our web sites at

<http://www.nfb-nagdu.org/>http://www.nfb-nagdu.org

http://www.nfb.org

You may also get in touch with me by email or telephone. My contact information is below my signature. Together we are changing what it means to be blind!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

<mailto:president at nfb-nagdu.org>president at nfb-nagdu.org

Conference Participant Instructions

    * At the specified time, call (641) 715-3300
    * When prompted, enter your participant code: 560908#

Please note: This conference will be recorded. Participation in the conference implies an agreement to and authorization for such recording in compliance with state and federal laws.

During the conference call, participants may use the following commands:

*3 exits the conference and puts you in the lobby.

*6 mutes the participant. Pressing the command again unmutes the participant.