[Nfbwv-talk] Congratulations Huntington Area Chapter

C. Smyth cs.nfbwv at verizon.net
Sun Jan 25 19:29:27 UTC 2009

I would like to extend the NFBWV-s thanks and congratulations to the Huntington Area Chapter for helping to get the word out about Louis Braille's birthday and to promote Braille literacy.  Great work, Huntington!!!

See the information below.

Charlene Smyth
NFBWV President

Members of the Huntington Area Chapter gathered at Empire Books
today for the first Louis Braille awareness event.  Brad, Buck, Mary Ann and
I were on hand to present the Braille awareness discussion.  We wrote
people's names in Braille, distributed Braille alphabet cards along with
Braille calendars and a lot of literature and demonstrated slates and
styluses, Braille writer, Braille 'n speak and the Braille note.  We had
news coverage from Channel 13 and should be on the 6:00 o'clock news as well
as the news at 11:00.  In addition a reporter from the Huntington Herald
Dispatch was there to write a story.  We made friends with the bookstore
manager who said we could do it again next year and to let her know if she
could help us do anything to promote our organization.  We consider this
event to have been a great success.
Joyce