[Nfbwv-talk] Call to Mobilize

C. Smyth cs.nfbwv at verizon.net
Thu Jun 18 22:15:51 UTC 2009

Dear West Virginia Federationists,
Your assistance is urgently needed in order for us to get Senator Rockefeller to
sign on as a cosponsor to the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act.  Please see the
message below from John Pare.
You can contact Barbara Pryor in Senator Rockefeller's office by calling 202-224-2578.
Thank you for your time and support.
Charlene Smyth
NFBWV President
Dear Charlene:
We are up to seven cosponsors on S. 841, the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act of
2009.  Senator Kerry is the sponsor, and some of our cosponsors include Senator Durbin
(majority whip), Senator Kennedy, and Senator Mikulski.
As the chair of a standing committee and an historical supporter of issues facing
blind and other disabled Americans, we really need to get Senator Rockefeller  to
cosponsor this bill.
Please activate your affiliate to put maximum effort into getting Senator Rockefeller
to cosponsor S. 841.
Thanks,
John
John G. Paré Jr.
Executive Director for Strategic Initiatives
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
1800 Johnson Street
Baltimore, Maryland  21230
Telephone:  (410) 659-9314, ext. 2227