[Nfbwv-talk] Message from Angela Wolf

C. Smyth cs.nfbwv at verizon.net
Thu Jun 18 22:20:05 UTC 2009

    Hello Chapter Presidents:
 I am in need of more volunteers to help marshal at convention.  Please pass on the
following message to anyone who you think might be interested in helping out.
Thanks,
Angela Wolf
***
    Dear Ambassadors:
 It is that time of year again.  We are preparing for another great convention, and
we are excited that you will be a part of making convention run smoothly .  Our committee
will function much like last year, where we will ensure that convention attendees
feel welcome, are able to move efficiently to meetings and general sessions, and
overall have a positive convention experience.
One of our primary tasks at convention is marshalling.  This hotel, as many of you
may know, is a little tricky to navigate, so marshalling will play an important role
this year.  I am asking for individuals who are interested in volunteering for marshalling
shifts to respond to this e-mail with days/times you will be able to serve.  Here
is a general overview of this year's convention schedule.  Keep in mind that typically
we need more help at peak times, which I have indicated with a *.
Friday, July 3 Seminar Day
Saturday, July 4  Registration and Packet Pick-up Day* (especially during registration
morning)
Sunday, July 5 Board Meeting and Division Day * (especially before and after the
board meeting)
Monday, July 6 Motor City March and Opening Session * (especially before the march,
before sessions, and after sessions)
Tuesday, July 7 Business Session * (before and after each session)
Wednesday, July 8 Banquet Day and Adjournment * (especially before and after each
session and before/after banquet)
I will provide you with a schedule of your assignments before convention, so you
can be sure to plan for your commitments.
Also, as an Ambassador, you might want to familiarize yourself with the site of the
convention in order to be as helpful to convention attendees as possible.  You can
find a very helpful article at:
http://www.nfb.org/images/nfb/Publications/bm/bm09/bm0905/bm090507.htm
Sincerely,
Angela Wolf, Chair