[Nfbwv-talk] Join us at Camp Tuhsmeheta this Summer

J.J. Meddaugh jj at bestmidi.com
Tue May 12 01:03:59 UTC 2009

I have been asked to distribute the following:

David Andrews

A world of adventure, opportunity, and
independence awaits you or your child at Camp
Tuhsmeheta. Situated just west of Greenville,
Michigan (near Grand Rapids), our summer programs
will expand your horizons and allow your
imagination to run wild. Whether you live nearby
or across the country, we'd love to see you at camp this summer.
Attending the 2009 NFB convention in Detroit? Our
popular family camp runs from July 9-12, so you
can join us right after the convention activities
wind down. Ask us about transportation from the convention to camp.

Below you'll find our complete summer schedule.
For more information, please visit
<http://www.campt.org>http://www.campt.org or
Email <mailto:campdirector at campt.org>campdirector at campt.org

We'd love to see you at Camp T!

2009 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
/>Camp Tuhsmeheta Summer Schedule <?xml:namespace
prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Sense-sational Summer Camp– June 21 – 26 ($250)
Ages 7 through high school grads - Start your
summer off with a sizzle.  Camp T is named for
the 4 senses you have when you are blind.  We’re
going to use them all this week. We’ll enjoy a
Braille-a-thon scavenger hunt.  We’ll sniff the
scents in our herb garden. We’ll listen to the
birds sing and sing some songs ourselves.  Taste
the s’mores you make, and make new friends.  A
great week for newcomers and lifers at Camp T.

Family Camp – July 9-12 For Blind People of ALL
Ages and Their Families  ($25 per person 7 or
over) This is our premier networking event for
blind kids and parents, blind parents and kids -
Family camp is 4 days of fun for families -
Games, canoeing, singing, campfire cooking and
workshops for blind and sighted participants (including sighted siblings).

Kid’s Discovery Camp – July 12 – 17 ($250) FUN and Empowering

For campers 7 to 12 years old -    Go to Camp T
and experience adventure, independence and
encouragement.  Nature walks, swimming, cookouts,
arts and crafts, singing. Learn to make easy
meals, and be part of a talent show.

  Culinary Camp -- July 12 – 17 ($250) Cooking for Yourself is Independence

For campers 13 through High School grads
-   Campers learn the skills needed to feed
themselves, their friends and families.  You will
slice, measure, boil, grill, bake and have FUN.
The Iron Chef <?xml:namespace prefix = st2 ns =
"urn:schemas:contacts" />Cook Off is Exciting!

Prom July 17-18-19 ($50) for teens 13 through
high school grads - A formal dinner and dancing.
Campers decorate the hall and professional
hairdressers prepare them for this special evening.

Braille / Drama Camp = Fun with Braille July
19-26 ($300) ages 7 through High School grads
-  Braille makes a blind person literate. With
good Braille skills you will be more likely to
get a job and go to college and be
successful.  We are working to make this week FUN
and educational.  Games, reading and writing, and
practice, practice, practice.   We will be
producing and recording several short plays.  YOU could be a STAR.

Music Camp  July 26 - Aug 2  ($300) For campers 7
through High School grads -  We work on musical
skills, make music and produce a CD of our final
concert.  This week includes workshops on
singing, song writing, playing instruments and
more, plus all the usual camp activities like swimming and campfire cooking.

The GREAT Race – Adventure Camp Aug 2 -15 ($600)
for campers 13 through High School grads -
Prepare yourself for adventure a LOT of
FUN.  You’ll get lots of exercise, cook over a
campfire and more.   Teams work together to win
first place, but nobody loses, this is going to
be an awesome trip.  Details on the trip are
being worked out.  You will sing songs, hoist
sails, navigate using GPS units, sleep in tents,
paddle a canoe, ride tandem bikes and there is a
waterfall in your future.  Limited to 18 people so register early.

Scholarships are available for those who need them.

Please email campdirector at campt.org for more information

Camp Tuhsmeheta

10500 Lincoln Lake Rd, Greenville, MI 48838

For more information visit <http://www.campt.org/>www.campt.org (616) 754-5410
Sincerely,

J.J. Meddaugh
Assistant Camp Director
Camp Tuhsmeheta

[]

As a service to its users, the Michigan
Department of Education offers the use of Camp
Tuhsmeheta to Opportunities Unlimited for the
Blind. This does not constitute endorsement or
support of information or services offered by OUB
or any other organization, group or individual
providing services or programs at Camp
Tuhsmeheta. Furthermore, neither the Michigan
Department of Education nor any of its employees
or contractors assumes any legal liability or
responsibility for programs and services offered
at Camp Tuhsmeheta by any group, organization or individual.