[Nfbwv-talk] Ray McGeorge

charlene cs.nfbwv at verizon.net
Fri Jun 11 15:26:06 UTC 2010

Greetings Friends, as many of you know, Ray McGeorge came down with meningitis and
was rushed to the hospital on May 9th.  He has been unconscious ever since.  Unfortunately,
the meningitis caused several complications including seizures and a massive stroke.
Ray has been relatively stable the last couple of weeks but has shown no signs of
improvement.
Ray is a very strong person and very clear about his wishes.  He has an advanced
directive, also known as a living will.  He has explicitly expressed the desire that
his life not be extended artificially.  Diane has honored Ray's wishes and asked
that he be taken off the respirator.  He has been off the respirator for limited
periods but has always been placed back on.  Additionally, this morning Ray is being
transfered from Kendrid Hospital, which is a long term acute care facility, to St.
John's Hospis.
Quite frankly, we do not know specifically what the future holds.  Ray has faught
this battle as hard as he knows how.  Without the respirator, we do not know exactly
how Ray will do.  We do know, however, that we are carrying out his wishes.  During
this very difficult time, we request your continued thoughts and prayers.
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5190 (20100611) __________

http://www.eset.com