[Nfbwv-talk] Update on Ray McGeorge

charlene cs.nfbwv at verizon.net
Tue May 11 21:19:47 UTC 2010

For those of you who know Ray and Diane McGeorge.

Charlene

Greetings Friends:
I just returned from Rose Hospital here in Denver where I was able  to visit with
Diane McGeorge and also able to see Ray very briefly.  He is still in the ICU and
on the respirator but he has been very stable today.  Yesterday afternoon after I
had last written, Ray hit a rough patch where many of his vital signs went out of
wack including his temperature which exceeded 105 for a couple of hours.  They instituted
all kinds of treatment yesterday and brought everything under control in the night.
Today, he has been showing definite signs of improvement in that he fusses when they
try to move him around too much and he has been gripping Diane's hand and not wanting
to let it go.  He is still very heavily sedated but they are going to reduce those
medicines slowly through the day with the hope that they will be able to revive him
fully tomorrow.  There is great hope that he has passed through the worst of the
infection and has rounded the corner.
Diane expressed great grattitude for everyone's thoughts and prayers.  She wants
all of us to keep them coming.  From what the doctors have told Diane, it is now
the beginning of the time period when they expect the antibiotics to start taking
full effect and pushing back the infection.  I am very confident and hopeful  that
Ray will fight through this, but we need to keep sending our prayers and positive
thoughts Ray and Diane's way.  I will update the lists further when I know more.
Please feel free to circulate this broadly so that all of the McGeorge's friends
know what is going on.
Thanks,
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.
LaBarre Law Offices P.C.