[Nfbwv-talk] Mentors Needed

charlene cs.nfbwv at verizon.net
Sun May 16 17:34:12 UTC 2010

This year at the 2010 National Convention, we are setting up a mentoring program
for winners of the Kenneth Jernigan Scholarship Convention Awards given to first
time convention attendees. I am looking for mentors who can help work with these
winners. These mentors should be members who have attended a National Convention,
who could give good advice, and who could build relationships with new attendees.
We will be meeting with the winners in the Affiliate Action Suite from 7:30 a.m.
to 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of the Convention. On Monday,
we will be meeting from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. in the Affiliate Action Suite. These are
the times we will need the mentors to be available to work with the winners. Do you
have anyone in your chapter who needs a job? Please let me know off-line by emailing
me directly at
jwilson at nfb.org
 if you have any volunteers that can help
during any or all of these times. I appreciate everything you do; thanks for helping
with one more thing!
Best,
Joanne Wilson
Executive Director of Affiliate Action